5 Food Truck Supplies You Can’t Go Without
Mobile street food is becoming increasingly popular throughout Canada and the United States. With the Canadian food truck industry estimated to be worth over $325 million dollars, and the USA street vendor industry reaching over $1.3 billion dollars, there are plenty of opportunities available for food truck owners.
After acquiring the food truck and ensuring you have all the appropriate equipment that is needed to store, cook and prepare your food on the road, it is important to consider the supplies you will need to get your food through the window and into your customer’s hand. Listed below are some supplies for the food truck that we recommend keeping in stock to serve your customers and guarantee satisfaction.
1. Serving Containers
Having the right containers that are presentable and functional for your menu items is crucial for business. Depending on the type of food that is served at your truck, there are an assortment of containers, varying in sizes and materials, that can be chosen to fit your needs. Many bags and containers can be used for multiple products in the food truck, so take a close look at the versatility of the product and how it can benefit you. This list below gives you an idea of some common types of food carriers available that are perfect for food trucks:
- Fry Bags – Available in a variety of sizes and different materials that are grease resistant and perfect for carrying items such as french fries, onion rings and other deep-fried sides.
- Hot Dog Bags & Trays – These bags or trays are perfect for serving the popular food truck items such as hotdogs and corn dogs. They can also be substituted to serve other menu items such as wraps, sausages, burritos and more. Different materials and various sizes are available.
- Burger, Sub & Sandwich Bags – These sandwich bags come in multiple sizes and will guarantee a perfect fit for serving your burgers, subs and other sandwiches both cold and hot, available in a range of materials including grease proof options.
- Soup Containers – Available in a range of sizes, soup containers are perfect for the hot items on the menu such as soups, chili and stews. They are also the perfect solution for cold menu items such as pasta, coleslaw, salad and even ice cream. Do not forget the lids!
2. Bags and Trays
Oftentimes customers will order food for more than just themselves, whether it is for coworkers or family members at home, so it is important to have bags and carrying trays available. This ensures that your customers that have large orders are not left making multiple trips or fighting to balance their food. Keep your customers happy and their food safe with to-go bags and cardboard trays, they are the perfect solution for packing multiple menu items and they come in an assortment of sizes. Additionally, the bags offer features such as moisture and grease resistance.
3. Napkins & Cutlery
Any place that sells food, trucks included, should have a strong supply of napkins and cutlery available for their customers. Buying bulk is the best option for these supplies as they should be offered and handed out with every order. There are several different types of napkins available including luncheon, dinner and beverage napkins. If you have a food truck with naturally messy foods or hand foods another popular option is to carry moist towelettes for your customers. Cutlery such as forks, spoons and knives should be offered to every customer and also can be purchased individually wrapped if you prefer.
4. To Go Cups and Lids
Typically, food trucks serve bottled or canned beverage. However, there are many benefits to having additional beverage options such as coffee, tea, juices, and other drinks. Some of the easiest ways to serve these alternative drinks are in disposable cups, available in both hot and cold options. There is a large selection of cups for different purposes, each coming in a variety of sizes.
5. Supplies for Inside the Food Truck
Apart from the supplies needed to send the food out to customers, there are other important supplies that are perfect for prepping your food inside your truck and keeping your area clean and safe for both employees and customers. Take a look at some of the additional supplies that are perfect to keep in your food truck:
- Disposable Gloves – Gloves are perfect for preparing and handling food, they are also a great way to minimize the risk of cross contamination. We carry a variety of glove styles and sizes, the most popular gloves in the food industry are vinyl gloves as they are a cost-effective glove meant for short use times.
- Floor Mats – Employees spend a lot of time inside the truck preparing, serving customers and cleaning up throughout their shift. It is important to provide a safe and comfortable place for them to stand. You can choose from a wide selection of different sized multi-purpose mats including anti-fatigue mats, anti-slip mats, ribbed mats and more.
- Trash & Recycling Bins – Depending on what location you bring your food truck to, you may have to provide your own garbage bins for customers to place trash. You can find a large selection of different sized garbage and recycling bins along with liners to go with them.
- Cleaning Supplies – Keeping a selection of disinfectants, cleaners, paper towels, soaps and other cleaning supplies in your truck is crucial to keeping your work areas and your employees hands clean. Consider purchasing items such as these in bulk to keep your overall cost down.
- First Aid – When working in a food truck that has a combination of sharp utensils and high temperature cooking areas, it is important to carry a first aid kit that can address wounds that may occur in the truck such as cuts, burns and other injuries.
Are You Looking For High Quality Food Truck Supplies? Visit The Packaging Company Today!
If you own a mobile food business and are in search of high quality, reliable supplies for your food truck, considering purchasing from The Packaging Company. We are dedicated to providing cost-efficient and effective supplies that are sure to keep your menu items safe and your customers satisfied. Take a look at our food packaging solutions today.