DuPont recently announced the 2017 winners of the DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation. The international competition honours innovations that highlight the packaging industry’s commitment to solving global and human challenges.
An independent panel of packaging experts judged nearly 150 entries from 24 countries, narrowing the list down to 1 diamond winner, 5 diamond finalists, 9 gold winners and 6 silver winners.
DUPONT AWARDS – DIAMOND WINNER: Fritz™ Water Vest (Solutions Inc., USA)
The Fritz™ Water Vest held its own against some expectedly strong competition to receive the 2017 Diamond Award. Comprised of a multi-layer nylon structure, the Fritz™ Water Vest is designed to allow users in third world countries to carry up to 20 pounds of water (with the weight evenly distributed across the chest and back) safely and hygienically.
We’re proud to be partnered with Solutions Inc. and their efforts to improve the lives of those in developing countries. That’s why every time someone shops with The Packaging Company, we contribute to the creation and delivery of Fritz™ Water Vests.
You can learn much more about the Fritz™ Water Vest here.
DUPONT AWARDS – DIAMOND FINALISTS
- Compostable “Pizza Pod” (Zume Pizza, USA)
- Cryovac® OptiDure™ Abuse Bag (Sealed Air, USA)
- Light-weight sustainable agrochemical auto-stackable 15L PET containers (Dow AgroSciences, Germany)
- MGI JETvarnish 3D Digital Decoration Process for Folding Cartons & Labels from Marrs Printing & Packaging (MGI, USA)
- Plantic™ R: Ultra-high barrier renewable and recyclable packaging material (Kuraray [Plantic Technologies Ltd.], Australia)
DUPONT AWARDS – GOLD WINNERS
- Design realization with breakthrough technology enhancing productivity and less footprint (AMOREPACIFIC, South Korea)
- Ice Cream Mini Cup 140ml: Closure PP In Mold Label with spoon inside, Cardboard Cup and Alu/PE sealing (FRONERI, Brazil)
- Insignia Freshtag (Insignia Technologies, UK)
- MosquitoPaQ™ OUTDOOR ZONE no-bite SPATIAL Repellent Pouch (PPi Technologies GROUP, USA)
- New packaging combining tradition and science (CJ Cheiljedang, South Korea)
- Peelfit™ Can (CROWN Food Europe, France)
- PepsiCo’s Granola Goes Nuts Cross – Directional Laser Scored Flow Wrapper (PepsiCo and Printpack, USA)
- Skol Beats Secret – Red Glass (Owens Illinois, Brazil)
- Vento™: Advanced coffee packaging with integrated degassing system (Amcor Flexibles, Switzerland)
DUPONT AWARDS – SILVER WINNERS
- Direct Object Printing for Full Package Decoration (Plastipak Packaging, Inc., USA)
- Farmacy Beauty – Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask (VP+C, USA)
- “FUJI・M・O”, Flexible packaging for the inkjet-gravure hybrid printing machine (FUJI TOKUSHU SHIGYO CO., LTD, Japan)
- How2Recycle®, the next generation recycling label for packaging (GreenBlue, USA)
- Kellogg’s® Nutri-Grain® Bakery Delights Tactile Packaging (Bemis Company, Inc., USA)
- Lightweight 20-ounce Vitaminwater® container with PowerStrap™ and Active Hinge™ technologies (Amcor Rigid Plastics, USA)
The Packaging Company would like to congratulate all of the 2017 DuPont Awards winners. We look forward to the wonderful work we know you’ll all continue to do in the future.